Narrative Landscape Press submission window is currently open for fiction manuscripts.
Narrative Landscape Press Limited was founded in 2016 by Anwuli Ojogwu and Eghosa Imasuen. The dream of the founders was to create a firm that could distil the essence of the publishing process and provide a service to other publishing houses and self-publishing authors within the Nigerian space. The company signed service level agreements as providers of publishing services to institutions like the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library.
Narrative Landscape Press Limited (NLP) believes that owning the means of production is essential to a vibrant publishing industry. The firm believes that the “means of production” here does not just mean the printing of physical books but also editorial and book design expertise. They are developing a cadre of excellent writers.
Submissions Guideline for Narrative Landscape Press
- To submit your work, send them an email with the subject heading “Submissions [title of your work]” and the following content to [email protected]
- The body of the email is your query letter introducing you, telling them why you contacted them and telling them about the work in question. Write a few words on why you are the best fit to write this work will also be worth looking at.
- A one-page synopsis of the work you are submitting as a Word Document attachment. Please include all major plot points in your synopsis, including spoilers. You can also say a few words about the theme of the work.
- A sample of the work in question as a Word Document attachment. This should be the first 3 chapters, or the first 50 pages, or the first 10,000 words, whichever is longer.
- You writing sample should be traditionally formatted. Their submissions editor’s eyesight is failing, and they want to ensure that she reads your work properly.
- Send your manuscript sample in double-spaced, indented no-space paragraphs, left-justified only, 12-point serif font (they prefer courier new) text on A4.
- Narrative Landscape Press ensures that all submissions are read. But because they have such a large number of these, they ask for eight weeks after each submission reading window to reply. They will respond to every submission they receive.
- Currently, they are not accepting unsolicited poetry, drama, or non- fiction submissions.
Submissions are open from September 1 – September 30.