The journal of compressed creative arts is currently accepting fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, mixed media, and visual art. What matters is that the work of art is compressed. They publish work every week. They do not include labels though.
Why You Should Send Your Work For Consideration:
- No reading fees
- They have a quick response time of 1-3 days.
- Acceptance rate is currently about 3% of submissions.
- They pay writers $50 per accepted piece and signed contract.
How to Apply:
- Write a story or prose poem that is 600 words or less
- Do not include your name or any information about you on the manuscript. Just include the title.
- Include a brief bio on the submittable page
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed
- Please format prose to be double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, in a Microsoft Word document. Poetry can be single-spaced.
- Send all submissions to their submmittable page:
- Deadline: December 15, 2018.
They also accept creative non-fiction and previously published stories. See their submittable page for details. Don’t forget there is a free online creative non-fiction course available on Skillshare.
Everything else is up to you. Have you exhausted all the story ideas you have? Perhaps our list of podcasts for inspirational unique story ideas can help you craft that award winning story.