The Gio Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People has opened for submissions for writers 25 years and below.
The International Essay Contest for Young People is an annual essay contest organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world. This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development: Towards achieving the SDGs. Every year, a theme is given for writers to engage with.
This year’s theme is: “Youth Creating a Peaceful Future”
Your writing must meet the theme and show outstanding prowess with your creative non-fiction ideas. Therefore, you should know how to write a proper essay.
Submission Guidelines for International Essay Contest for Young People
- All submissions must be made on the online form.
- There are no geographical restrictions. Writers from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- Entrants must be within the ages specified in the age categories:
- a) Children (ages up to 14)
- b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must not exceed the word limit of 700 words.
- Only essays written in the following languages will be considered: English, French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese.
- Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.). However, essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format. Your name and essay title are not included in the word count limit.
- Only 100% unique and unpublished essays will be considered.
Awards for winners are slated to be approximately over $1000 in total. See below for the details:
Entries must be received by June 15, 2023 (23:59 your local time).