Columbus Underground is a Columbus-based online news publication. They are currently hiring monthly freelancers to write featured articles on a variety of topics.
Articles that will be published may include a mix of reviews, interviews, lists and guides, depending upon the topical focus. If you are interested please go through the following guidelines.
Submission Guidelines For Columbus Underground
- Article range is expected to be 400-600 words, but length limitations are not a restriction for online publication.
- Freelancers will be expected to pitch ideas to their editors monthly for approval, and compensation is $75 per article.
- Each article will include accompanying photographs. The number of photographs will vary based on series or topic.
- You must be a resident of the United States of America.
- While you apply, information you will be required to give will include your name, email address, phone number, your resumé, your current address or location; city, state, etc.
- Click here to access their application form.
Their freelance topic categories include:
- Local Beer Series – This includes reviews highlighting individual beers from Central Ohio breweries.
- Burger Series – This includes reviews of burgers and stories of burger makers at Central Ohio restaurants.
- Cheap Eats Series – This includes list-based series highlighting multiple deal-based menu items for under $10.
- Local Music Series – This includes concert previews, reviews, album reviews and local musician profiles.
- When applying, please indicate which series you are interested in (you can include multiple series). Please provide 2 unedited writing samples related to the topic(s) you are interested in covering.
Pay is $75 per article.