Polyester Magazine is an intersectional feminist fashion and culture magazine. They are looking for pitches.
They love deep dives on internet pop culture and niche personal essays in particular. Also, they are always looking for writers, photographers, stylists, and illustrators to join their team. Their digital membership platform, The Dollhouse, releases weekly creative content which includes:
- Personal essays
- Creative writing
- Photography, art
- Researched features and more.
If you are interested please go through the submission guidelines below and get in touch. You can also check out our article on freelancing tips.
Submission Guidelines For Polyester Magazine
- Please send your fleshed out pitches or finalised work to them.
- Also, a little introduction about yourself will be very much appreciated.
- Please ensure all work is unpublished and will be exclusive to Polyester.
- Art submissions must have a minimum of 5 pieces to a series.
- All written pitches must come with a brief synopsis of your idea along with why you are the best person to write this piece and examples of your previous writing work. This should be in one paragraph.
- Your complete written essay submissions must be a minimum of 800 words and a maximum of 1000 words and be unpublished elsewhere.
- Please do not send your work as WeTransfer. They would only accept your work if it comes in PDF or through Google Drive link or Dropbox link. Please ensure all work is unpublished and will be exclusive to Polyester.
- Please include any social media or website links you want included in your credit if your feature is commissioned.
- To know more about the content they want, you can visit their website.
- Are you ready to submit? Please send your pitches to [email protected].
They pay £50 for 1,000 words.