The Hilltop Creative Arts Foundation calls for submissions for the Nigeria Prize for Teen Authors. The prize, which is sponsored by Alh. Bala Abdullahi Kwatu, is a yearly prize recognizing the best writings by Nigerian teen authors. The prize is in two categories—the poetry category and the fiction category, either a novella or short story collection—and the winner in each category receives N250,000. The deadline for applications is the 30th of December, 2019.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Any secondary school student in Nigeria.
- There is no entry fee.
How to Apply:
Do you have your poetry manuscript or your short story collection ready? If not, to increase your chance of winning, you could check these articles: A Short Story Day With TJ Benson: How to Write A Great Short Story, and
If you’re ready, here is how to apply.
- Send 5 copies of your book, either published or unpublished, to:
Hill-Top Creative Arts Foundation, State C6, 3rd Floor, Shamras Plaza,
Opposite Murtala Park, Bosso, Minna,
Niger State, Nigeria.
- Note that books published before 2018 will not be accepted.
- The entry should include: the entrant’s evidence of Nigerian citizenship (either a photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity Card), the entrant’s birth certificate, letter of recommendation by the entrant’s school and parents, the entrant’s last term’s report sheet.
- The entry should also include: contact information (full contact address, emails, phone numbers of school and parents) and a passport photograph in uniform.
- Entrants are not expected to submit more than one published work.
- The deadline for submissions is the 30th of December, 2019.
- The winners will be announced and presented with their prizes at the finals of Hadiza Ibrahim Aliyu Schools Festival (HIASFEST 2020) taking place on the 15th of February, 2020.
Who Are the Judges:
The judges for this edition of the prize are Ismail Bala Garba and Mahmud Zukogi of Bayero University, Kano.
- Winner of the teen author prize for fiction: N250,000.
- Winner for the teen author prize for poetry: N250,000.