The 2019 Online Writing Tips Short Fiction Prize is open. The editors are currently accepting and probably, reading entries for its ongoing free-to-enter contest.
What Will The Winners Get?
- The overall first prize winner will receive a £100 cash prize
- First runner up will receive £50 cash award
- The second runner up will get a £25 cash award
Submission Guidelines for the 2019 Online Writing Tips Short Fiction Prize
- Only one short story per entrant is allowed
- Word count:1000-4000 words.
- Previously published work will not be considered.
- Submissions should be submitted in standard manuscript format, double spaced, and in a 12 point font.
- Writers from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply.
- There is no theme.
- Deadline: 31 May 2019
How To Apply
- E-mail your submission as an MS word document attachment to: email@example.com
- All submissions must reach the editors before midnight on Friday 31st May 2019.
- Subject title of the email must be: “OWT Short Fiction Prize: Title of your piece” e.g OWT Short Fiction Prize: The God of small Things or OWT Short Fiction Prize: Chike and The River
- You can introduce yourself in the body of the e-mail. Use a cover letter that includes a bio.
You might want to read: How To Write A Short Author’s Bio: The Do’s and Don’ts of Introducing Yourself
To increase your chances of winning, read entries their past winners submitted:
- thewinner from 2016,
- the winner from 2017,
- and the winner from 2018.
Shortlisted stories will be announced on the Online Writing Tips Website. Forward all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org