Catapult is currently seeking submissions for their “At Work” series. You could submit an essay, or you could pitch them. Your submission could be a memoir, cultural criticism, and/or reporting. Also, hybrid works are welcome.
About Catapult ‘At Work’ Series:
From their blog: “This series features examinations about “work”—the labor we choose to take on (or are forced to take on) to survive. As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, we’re especially interested in hearing from “essential” workers (those in education, food service, medicine/healthcare, etc.). We’re also keen to read stories from people returning to “nonessential” jobs because their employers are open (for example, bookstores).”
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2020.
Who is Eligible to Submit to Catapult ‘At Work’ Series:
- Anyone from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a nonfiction piece of 4000 words or less.
- The piece must be unpublished.
- It must focus on the theme “At Work”.
- If you are pitching, give a brief synopsis of your piece, and the conversation you are engaging with and why.
- If you are reporting, include links to relevant clips and your sources and level of access.
- If you are submitting a nonfiction piece, give a brief narrative arc of your piece.
- Submit here.
- The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2020.
- Catapult pays $200 per piece.