Bright Wall/Dark Room is currently accepting submissions for their monthly online magazine.
Bright Wall/Dark Room is an online journal devoted to long form critical discussion on the interaction between film/television and the business of being alive.
Critics, film scholars, poets, playwrights, novelists, comedians and all creative types can submit essays experimenting what film analysis can be.
Currently they are accepting general pitches (themed) and submissions (off-theme) for consideration. Creative approaches are always encouraged.
Deadline for Bright Wall/Dark Room Submission
December 7, 2020
Submission Guidelines for Bright Wall/Dark Room Submission
- Entries can be either be submitted as a pitch or via submittable
- Pitches should be sent via email to [email protected]
- Plagiarism is highly prohibited
- The theme is ‘Best of 2020‘
- Critical essays can be 2,000 – 4,000 words
- Off Theme Submissions
- Essay must be of reasonable length
- Essay must be on film/TV related topics
They don’t publish
- Traditional reviews
- Traditional features
- Hit pieces
- Fiction or poetry except in the case of lyric essays like Xenomorph and The end of the end: An evolution of Faith.
- $100 USD within two weeks of publication.
To familiarize yourself with the sort of work they publish, you can check out examples here, here, here and here.
Having difficulties working with theme, you can click here.