Writers and reporters of crime fiction might be interested in submitting stories this American publisher. According to the editor, they are especially interested in stories which feature serial killers from locations outside of the United States.
“If you prefer to write about a serial killer who’s extremely well known to American audiences, offer a new angle on the story.”
Send only factual and fact-checked material. The editor wants well-developed content that offers the reader more than dry reportage.
- Word count: 4,000-7,500 words
- All submissions must reach the editor before the May 1, 2019 deadline
- Send all submissions via email to submissions4Mitzi @ gmail.com (remove the spaces before you hit the send button.
- Simultaneous submissions are not allowed. (they have a short response time so you can definitely wait before you send your piece elsewhere.)
- The subject line of your email should read: Serial Killers anthology.
If your story is selected and published in the anthology, you will receive:
- One-time payment per story: USD $130
- And 2 print copies of the book.
Contributor fees will be paid approximately 1 month after publication. (Preferred payment method: PayPal.). If you want them to send you cheques, you can also discuss that payment option with the editor.
They will get non-exclusive rights with one-year’s exclusivity from date of publication.
Manuscript formatting guidelines:
Stories should be formatted as follows:
- double-spaced Arial 12-point Word document (sent as attachment).
- Indent the first line of each paragraph by half an inch. Do not add extra lines between paragraphs or irregular spacing between words or sentences.
- American spelling and punctuation (including. quote marks, etc.).
- Don’t forget to send a brief author’s bio. Include your legal name, postal address,
- Your author bio must be between 50-100 words written in the third person.
If you don’t receive an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your material, definitely follow up with the editor!
What you need to know about the editor:
Mitzi Szereto (mitziszereto.com) is a multi-genre fiction and non-fiction author and anthology editor of more than two dozen books including Ladies of Gothic Horror (A Collection of Classic Stories); Florida Gothic; Getting Even: Revenge Stories; The Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray; Red Velvet and Absinthe; Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts and Thrones of Desire: Erotic Tales of Swords, Mist and Fire. She gives talks and readings at major literature festivals and teaches creative writing around the world, including universities. Follow her on Twitter @mitziszereto
Forward all inquiries to: submissions4Mitzi @ gmail.com (remove the spaces before you hit the send button.