Blue Mountains Arts Poetry Contest is a biannual poetry prize awarded to the best poems by any writer anywhere in the world.
Blue Mountain Arts poetry contest is currently open to submissions, So if you’re a poet who wants to make money writing poetry, you might want to send in your poem for the 37th edition of the Blue Mountain Arts Poetry Contest. No application fee is required.
The deadline for submissions is December 31, 2020.
Like every other contest, this one also has rules and guidelines that should be adhered to.
Submissions Guidelines For The Blue Mountain Arts Poetry Contest:
- The poem could be rhyming or non-rhyming. However, it is important to note that the organizers and judges suggest that non-rhyming poems read better. Except you’re Samuel Coleridge and are submitting a poem in the category of The Rime of The Ancient Mariner.
- The organizers suggest that you write about real emotions and feelings that you have.
- Poems would be judged on eloquence, authenticity and uniqueness.
- Poems should be written in English Language only.
- You can send in as many poems as you like.
How To Submit Your Poem For The Blue Mountain Arts Poetry Contest
- You can submit your poem(s) online via the Blue Mountain Arts Biannual Poetry Contest submissions portal.
- If you prefer to send in hardcopies, that’s fine too. Fee free to mail a hard copy of your entry to Blue Mountain Arts, Inc. via courier services to the following address:
Blue Mountain Arts, Poetry Card Contest,
P.O Box 1007,
Boulder, CO 80306,
- Make sure you have a spare copy of your poem.
- If you want your entry returned after the contest, remember to include a stamped and self addressed envelope.
- Enclose your entry with your name, email address, mail address and phone number. This is compulsory and important.
Winners Of The Blue Mountain Arts Poetry Biannual Contest Will Receive The Following Prizes:
- The winner of the first prize will receive a cash award of $350
- The second prize winner will receive $200
- $100 will be awarded to the winner of the third prize.
In addition to these prizes, the organizers of the Blue Mountain Arts Poetry Contest promise to publish the winning poems on their website.
Additional Rules and Conditions To Note When Sending Your Poems:
1. All entries must be original works of the participant.. Don’t plagiarize another writer’s work.
2. All rights of the works submitted must be owned by the participant.
3. The Author should give permission to the Blue Mountain Arts, Inc. to publish and display on their website if entry wins the poetry contest or is a finalist.
4. Winners of the contest would be contacted within 45 days after deadline date.
5. The contest is open to everyone except employees of the Blue Mountain Arts, inc.
Looking for poetry writing tips? You might find this guide super helpful.