2023 African Liberty Essay Competition Application currently Open
African Liberty is excited to unveil the call for applications for the 2023 African Liberty Essay Competition. This competition welcomes participation from African students currently pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degrees at any accredited university across the globe.
The Theme is this is: Forging Pathways to Safeguard Free Speech in Africa: Innovating Approaches to an Enduring Challenge.
Eligibility for the African Liberty Essay Competition
- Applicants must be of African descent, holding the nationality of an African country.
- More so, participants should be enrolled in any degree program at an accredited university globally or have completed a degree program within three years from the application deadline.
– Entries should focus on practical solutions.
– Therefore, provide specific arguments and recommendations.
– More so, encourage fresh, unique perspectives on solutions.
- Submissions must be in the English language, with non-English terms italicized.
- Furthermore, entries must be original and authentic.
- Submit your entry as a PDF, including your name and email address on the first page.
- Also, avoid footnotes or citations.
- It is also important to keep quotations to a minimum.
- In relation to the requirements, essays should be presented in Times New Roman, 12-point font, and justified.
- All entries should be submitted via this link.
- The Word requirement is a Maximum of 800 words.
- Join the organizers in exploring innovative solutions to protect free speech in Africa and have your voice heard.
- Submission Commencement Date: September 1, 2023
- Submission Deadline: October 31, 2023
- The Winner goes with $500 cash prize
- First Runner-Up: $300 cash prize
- Second Runner-Up: $200 cash prize
- Third and Fourth Runners-Up: $100 each.
- Also, the top five entries will be featured on African Liberty and Students For Liberty platforms.