Writers and academicians are invited to apply for the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS). Selected artists will be invited to benefit from it’s Fifth Writing Semester, which has been slated to run from 3 February to 31 May 2020.
- There are no geographical restrictions. Writers from every nationality can apply.
- The writing fellowship is open to academics, novelists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists.
What You’ll Get From The Residency:
JIAS Writing Fellows will get:
- A quiet and conducive workspace
- Opportunity to bond with the academic community
- An opportunity to broaden your network
- A chance to work in the midst of the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg.
Each Writing Fellow will Also Receive:
Accommodation in the conducive private residential suites at JIAS;
Daily meals ( breakfast and lunch);
Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg; AND
A monthly stipend which will be taxable.
How to apply:
Fill the application form on the JIAS Writing Fellowship Submissions website
You will also need to upload the following application materials:
- a two-page proposal,
- a comprehensive CV,
- and three letters of reference
All applications must be submitted before the 30 June 2019 deadline.
You might also be interested in :
Goethe-Institut Writer’s Residency for African Writers Under 40, Slated To Hold In Burkina Faso (Awards: €1.500 Euro) / How To Apply
Register For SBMEN’s Practical Editing Workshop for Magazines and Digital Platforms (It’s Set To Hold This June)