The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA), in collaboration with FARA, Yam-Pukri, CAFAN, AYF, ANAFE, SPC/PAFPNET is organizing the Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards). This contest is launched in the framework of the ARDYIS initiative which aims to raise youth awareness and improve their capacity on agricultural and rural development issues in ACP countries using Information Technology. This blog competition aims to:
– Put into limelight issues, successes and challenges faced by youth engaged in agriculture in urban and rural areas;
– Encourage the production of information and the use of new information technologies by young farmers’ groups and organizations interested in the “youth in agriculture” question;
– Promote the sharing of information on the issues of agriculture and rural development in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries.
This competition is also being launched in the framework of the commemoration of the United Nations International Year of Youth.
The competition is open to:
– students in agricultural training courses, young farmers, journalists or other young people
– young farmers’ organizations;
– young members of farmers’ organizations;
– young members of any organization interested in agriculture.
How to participate
Blogs and all required documents should be submitted via an online form. The link can be found HERE. Entrants must clearly indicate the category for which the entry is submitted.
Existing blogs and new blogs can be submitted. This is in particular an opportunity for young farmers groups to create a blog on their activities, the issues they face, and eventually win a prize for that! You have 4 months to prepare your blog and post as much posts and news as possible !
For more information, go to http://ardyis.cta.int/en/blog-competition