By the WSW (Women’s Studio Workshop), the Parent’ Residency Grant is a residency of four weeks for an artist “who has at least one dependent child under the age of 18”. The awarded artists may choose to work in any of WSW’s four studio disciplines: intaglio, letterpress, papermaking, screenprinting, photography, or ceramics. The grant includes a $1450 stipend for childcare, as much as $250 for travel expenses, free onsite housing, and 24/7 studio access.
The artist is allowed to use the childcare stipend at they want to, but a childcare plan must be submitted with the application.
The deadline to apply is the 15th of January, 2020. The residency will take place between September and June, this year and the next.
Who is Eligible to Apply:
- Any artist who has at least one child who is dependent on them; the dependent child must be below 18 years of age.
How to Apply:
- Submit a current resume;
- A childcare plan containing details of how you plan to use the $1450 stipend;
- A brief description of your proposed project and the studio you’d like to work in (the word count should not exceed 300 words);
- Minimum of 10 images of your recent work; and
- An image script containing the title, medium, dimension, and date of each image.
- The deadline for application is the 15th of January, 2020.
- All selected applicants will be notified by the 15th of March, 2020.
- Apply here.
- A 4-week residency, including onsite housing and 24/7 studio access.
- A grant of $1700 dollars, for childcare and travel costs.