Mitzi Szereto seeks submissions for a new anthology of true cirme stories, THE BEST NEW TRUE CRIME STORIES: WELL-MANNERED CROOKS, ROGUES & CRIMINALS. According to her blog:
“Good manners and polite behavior don’t usually spring to mind when we think of criminals. Yet some of the most beloved criminals in books and film have been the ones that broke the mold: the smooth-talking charmers, the underdogs, the rebels with a cause. Their polite manners, their adherence to a cause, their code of ethics that often makes sense only to themselves—this is what sets them apart from the rest. These are the types of criminals I’m interested in. Con artists, embezzlers, fraudsters, mobsters, burglars, garden-variety robbers and thieves, plus anything else that might fit the bill.”
- Writers from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a true crime story of between 4000 – 7000 words.
- The story must be true and original (must be previously unpublished).
- Reprints will not be accepted.
- Use 12 pt., Arial font, double-spaced.
- Do not indent paragraphs, and don’t use footnotes or endnotes.
- The publisher seeks one year exclusive right to the accepted pieces.
- The subject of your email should read True Crime Submission.
- Submit to TheBestNewTrueCrimeStories@gmail.com.
- The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2020; but it is advisable to submit before the deadline, as submissions will close as soon as the anthology is filled.
- A one-time payment of $130 per story and two print copies of the anthology.