Organizers of The Kinsmen Quarterly Iridescence Award are excited to announce that, starting October 31st, submissions of short stories and poetry from BIPOC authors are welcome.
As a Prestigious award, The Kinsmen Quarterly Iridescence Award encourages you to explore themes related to the supernatural, extraterrestrial, or the paranormal.
Deadline is 31st of December, 2023.
Eligibility for the Award
- To be eligible for this award, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Age 18 or older.
- Must Identify as literary or visual artists within the Black, Indigenous, or People of Color Community.
- Be capable of receiving cash prizes through PayPal or honorary finalist prizes through Amazon gift cards.
- Also, grant permission for their winning submissions would be published in the Kinsman Quarterly, included in promotional materials, and shared on our social media platforms.
Submission Requirements for The Kinsmen Quarterly Iridescence Award
- Eligible participants are expected to submit original, unpublished work in English across various genres, including fantasy, folk mythology, science fiction, and the paranormal.
- More so, winning submissions will gain exposure through the Kinsman Quarterly, their social media platforms, and printed promotions.
- Rest assured, individual authors and artists retain copyrights to their submissions. However, copyrights for the anthology as a collection are reserved by Kinsman Avenue Publishing, Inc.
- Each submission should be an original, unpublished work that respects the copyrights of others. Works previously published solely on the author’s blog or social media outlets are eligible
- Further more, submissions must be entered by December 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- They encourage themes of the supernatural, extraterrestrial, or the paranormal, with a preference for authors from the BIPOC community.
- Also, multiple submissions from participants are welcome.
- After submitting a work, please note that no further changes are possible, but you may upload a revised version with an indicated file name.
- Short stories (1000-5000 words)
- Flash fiction (up to 1000 words)
- Poetry (1 to 5 poems)
- All text entries should use Times New Roman, font size 12, and double-spacing.
- Also, ensure that all edited text is free from any track changes.
- Entries that do not adhere to these guidelines, unfortunately, will not be considered.
- For Submissions, check here! Submission portal opens on the 31st of October!
- First Place: $500 cash prize and publication in the Kinsman Quarterly and Iridescence.
- Second Place: $250 cash prize and publication in the Kinsman Quarterly and Iridescence.
- Third Place: $100 cash prize and publication in the Kinsman Quarterly and Iridescence.
- 6 Finalists: $25 gift card and publication in the Kinsman Quarterly and Iridescence.
- 6 Honorable Mentions: Publication in the Kinsman Quarterly and Iridescence.
Please note that prizes will be awarded within 30 days of the announcements and are non-transferable. Kinsman Quarterly retains the right to extend the competition deadline and announcement dates by up to 45 days.
Goodluck on your submission!