The Goi Peace Foundation calls for essays for its essay contest for 2020. The theme for the contest this year is: “A Letter from Myself in 2030”. What will the world be like in ten years’ time? What will you be in that world?
According the Goi Peace Foundation website: “Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.”
The deadline for submissions is June 15, 2020.
Who is Eligible:
- Young people who are under 25 years of age.
- There is no entry fee.
- Submission can be made in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, or Japanese.
How to Submit to the Goi Peace International Essay Contest:
- Submit an essay of 700 words or less on the theme. In Japanese, 1600 characters or less.
- The essay must be original and unpublished.
- You can either submit online or by postal email.
- To submit by postal email, you must include a cover page that includes: Your name; the category (children or youth); your age as of June 15, 2020; your gender; nationality; address; email; phone number; your school name (if applicable); the title of your essay; your language; and the word count.
- If you’re submitting by postal email, here’s the address:
International Essay Contest c/o
The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
- Teachers and mentors may submit a pack of essays for their students or mentees.
- To submit online click HERE.
Prizes for the Goi Peace Foundation Essay Contest:
- The 1st prize winner will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award, with the travel expenses will be covered by the organizer, and will received approximately $900.
- The second prize winners (2 entrants) will approximately $450, a gift, and certificates.
- The third prize winners (5 entrants) will receive gifts and certificates.
- Honorable mentions (25 entrants) will receive certificates.
- Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- The winners will be announced on October 31, 2020 (Japan time) on the Goi Peace Foundation website.
- Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2020.