The Howard foundation offers fellowships in a cyclic rotation to the following fields for following years. The fellowship for the 2021-2022 will be awarded for creative nonfiction. The support targets specifically mid-career individuals, who have completed at least one major project and demonstrate potential to be future leaders in their fields.
The Howard foundation is committed to supporting artist and scholars of diverse cultural, sexual and ethnic background.
The foundation will consider proposals from authors and scholars in any genre, style or media that can be classified as creative nonfiction. This includes but is not limited to;
- Familiar or personal essay
- Oral history
- Travel writing
- Nature writing
- Science writing
- Sports writing
- The interview
- Or other form of literary nonfiction.
Eligibility for the George A. and Eliza Gardner Howard Foundation Fellowship
- Applicants regardless of citizenship should be currently living or working in the US or U.S. territories
- Candidates should be mid-career, not fully established
- More information on eligibility can be accessed here
Submission Guideline for the George A. and Eliza Gardner Howard Foundation Fellowship
- You must create a Survey Monkey Apply profile first
- A project description (double space, three pages, 800-900 words)
- Two-page curriculum vitae
- A writing sample of no more than 20 pages
- Email address and names of two people that are willing to provide letters of recommendation for the applicant
To access the monkey survey apply page so as to start your application, you need to click here.
You can also find an instructional video on application for the Howard Foundation Fellowship here