The Financial Diet is a cross-platform media company and a digital destination where young women can talk about money.
They are always seeking new freelance writers for their website.
Submission And Pitch Guidelines For The Financial Diet
- There is no one right way to talk about money. That is why TFD is always looking for new freelance voices to add to their site, they want to hear your unique perspective.
- Write the piece you would want to read.
Be funny, be open, be smart, be honest. Let people know something about you, and show someone they are not alone in the process.
- The more you speak to the honesty of your experience, the better. You do not have to sugarcoat your story. Do not be afraid of honesty. Everyone has a story to tell about personal finance.
- Do not just tell them what you do, tell them why you do it. How we come to financial decisions is hugely valuable
- Always remember that no topic is too serious, or not serious enough.
- If someone has shared an opinion on TFD and you disagree, they always welcome a good response. As long as your approach is respectful and you accept that what is true for one person might not be for another. They want to hear every side of an argument.
- Own your mistakes. You do not have to be embarrassed of them, because they are tools as important to building our future as our successes.
- If you are interested in writing for them, email your pitches to their editor, Soraya Joseph, at [email protected].
According to their creative director, they pay $250 for personal essays of 800 to 1,000 words.