The Eugene Paul Nassar Poetry Prize is now accepting applications.
A prize is given by the Eugene Paul Nassar Poetry Prize annually for a poetry collection published in the previous year by a resident of upstate New York. The winner will also give a reading and teach a master class at Utica University.
The Submission Deadline is August 31, 2023.
Eligibility for the Eugene Paul Nassar Poetry Prize
- There is no entry fee.
- Poetry must be published in New York
- Entries must be in English
- Send completed entry form, a brief CV listing creative and scholarly accomplishments, and two (2) copies of the work to: Gary Leising, Utica University, School of Arts and Sciences, 1600, Burrstone Road, Utica, NY 13502
- Submitted work must be a book of poems in English, at least 48 pages long, published between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023 by a resident of Upstate New York. Collections by more than one author, “collected” or “selected” volumes, collections of translations, self-published works, and vanity press publications are not eligible.
- Winner must agree, upon contest entry, they give permission for portions of the winning work to be reproduced for publicity; and
- to, at a mutually agreeable date in April 2024, 1) receive the award in person, 2) give a reading at Utica University, and 3) meet with students in a master class.
- All books entered in competition will be donated to the Utica University library and the Utica Public Library.
The winner gets $2,000
For best poetry collection published by an Upstate author.