Comma press and the University of central Lancashire are proud to host the annual Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short fiction. An annual contest that offers the winner a chance of publication and £500. UK residents of 18 years and above are encouraged to submit.
Fiction should be on the theme ‘Home’
Deadline for the Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction
October 23, 2020
Who is eligible for The Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction?
- UK Residents
- Applicants must be 18 years or over
- Applicant must be not have been published anywhere, online or in print.
- Members of University of central Lancashire and their spouse are ineligible to apply
How to submit to the Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction
- Entry story should have a word count of 2,000-6,000 words
- Stories must be original; previously unpublished
- Translated works can be accepted provided the source text or the work has been published elsewhere
- Include a cover letter stating author’s name, address, email, contact number, and story title
- Story entry and cover letter will be sent as word document electronically to [email protected]
- Do not include authors name to the entry story as stories will be assigned ID numbers and judged anonymously
- If shortlisted, writers should please do their best to attend the special prize giving event which will take place in Leeds.
Award for the Dinesh Allirajah Prize for Short Fiction
- Winning entry will receive £500
- 10 shortlisted authors will be featured in an online anthology by Comma press and sold online
- The winner will have their work published online by our media partner Northern soul
The Judges for this year are;
Dr Philip Braithwaite (UCLan), Abi Fellows (the good literary agency), Alfred Searls (Northern Soul), and author Courttia Newland.
You can buy the 2018 prize anthology featuring all ten shortlisted fiction and the 2019 prize anthology featuring all six shortlisted fiction on Amazon Kindle. The 2020 anthology is also available.
To understand the concept of theme, you can click here