Tampered Press calls on writers and visual artists to submit to its 8th edition.
Tampered Press is a literary and arts journal that publishes Africans and people of African descent. While blackness has become more noticeable now than in the past, and more space is gradually being created at the table black as an identity is heavily nuanced and has to be dissected and carefully documented. African artists in particular have fewer platforms. Their experiences, mannerisms and culture often have similarities, but our style, design, creation and content are different. For their 8th issue of the Tampered Press Submissions, they are curating a selection of works that analyzes the relationship between African & Black people living on the continent, and Africans/Blacks living in the diaspora.
Guidelines for Tampered Press Submissions
- Your work can appear in a variety of ways: nonfiction, fiction, essays, photo essays, illustrations, prose poems, free verse and newly invented forms; in unusual and splendid images and metaphor; through the use of place, structure, and language. They are open to broad interpretations.
- They are open to all styles and themes and seek to publish voices from diverse perspectives. They are also open to hybrid work, uncategorized writing, artwork, illustrations and photography.
- Work must be previously unpublished; this includes personal blogs/websites and social media.
- They encourage simultaneous submissions but request that this be noted in your cover letter.
- Ensure your cover letter should include a brief bio of yourself.
- Submit work in any of these categories:
- Poetry: 2-4 poems. Submissions should include work in one file in .docx or pdf
- Fiction: 4000 word limit. Submissions should include work in one file in .docx or pdf
- Non-fiction: 4000 word limit. Submissions should include work in one file in .docx or pdf
- Comics: 4 page submission limit.
- Visual art: Send low resolution images, if accepted, higher resolution will be requested.
- Make sure your work is properly edited before submission.
- Further enquiries should be directed to [email protected]
The submission deadline is May 20th 2023
If interested, be sure to visit the Tampered Press website to get a feel of their previously accepted publications.