Sundog Lit Magazine is currently accepting general submissions from writers of fiction, poetry and nonfiction.
Sundog Lit is committed to publishing pieces that engage with tension, introspection, empathy, considered positionality, thoughtful form play, emotional courage, and musicality. They are also equally committed to uplifting voices from all corners in hopes of breaking down ideas of who is widely read and rebelling against normative power structures that stifle expression.
The Literary Magazine is honored to be a platform for artists to showcase their life-giving work, and they care deeply about participating in a loving, ethical, and intersectional literary community.
Guidelines for Sundog Lit Submissions
- One submission at a time, please.
- Submissions should be made on the Sundog Lit Submittable
- They happily accept simultaneous submissions, though please withdraw immediately if accepted elsewhere. If part of a packet submission, note the withdrawal in a note on Submittable.
- They do not consider previously published material nor do they accept email submissions.
- Please address your submission to the appropriate genre editor, and be mindful of correct pronoun usage in your cover letter.
- For Fiction, they want muscular prose, authenticity, and a real beating heart. Learn how to write interesting stories to keep your readers hooked.
- Play with form and show them the humorous absurd.
- Submit short stories of no more than 3,000 words or up to 3 flash fictions of less than 750 words each in a single document.
- They are cool with traditional personal essay, memoir, etc.
- The Magazine LOVE them some experimental, research-driven stuff. Segmented. Lyric. Essays written in a bowl of alphabet soup. Surprise them. Play with form and content.
- If you hybridize some poetry and nonfiction, send it their way.
- Submit a single piece of no more than 4,000 words or up to 3 flash essays of less than 1,000 words each in a single document.
- They want vivid, vibrant poetry.
- Also, they like prose poems or straight poetry with prose elements.
- Sundog Lit likes traditional poetry.
- Submit up to 3 poems in a single document.
They are able to offer our contributors a small payment of $25 upon publication. Hopefully, with time it will be more.
General Submissions are from October 1 to December 1.
Be sure to apply early. Good luck.