Puchi Awards is open for its 2022 submissions.
Puchi Award 2022 is open to books in any genre or form: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, novels, comics, picture books, essays, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type imaginable. Organizers are looking unique stories.
A book can contain everything and anything, and that is precisely what this contest wants: fiction and non-fiction, essays, informative literature, poetry, illustration, comics, cookbooks, geography books, combinations of the above or any other type of work. Conventional novels will not be considered and only novels that can be clearly defined as experimental will be accepted. This competition is open to literary and graphic projects of any kind that stand out by virtue of their premise, literary and graphic quality, originality, unconventionality or mould – shattering conception. The aim of this award is to shine a spotlight on works of the highest quality and originality.
Eligibility for Puchi Awards 2022
- The contest is open to entrants from any country
- Entrants must be 18 years and above.
- There is no entry fee required
- Brief summary of the work and statement of motivation (max. 2,000 characters with spaces)
➜ List of production requirements, if any (max. 1,000 characters with spaces)
➜ Finished work or in original language (PDF or Word document).
➜ Provisional translation into English of at least two pages of the work.
- Works may be written in any language, although a provisional translation into English of at least two pages must also be submitted.
- Materials may be uploaded in the following formats:
- PDF up to 15 MB
- Images: JPG up to 10 MB; images must measure 900 x 540 (w x h), with one side equal to and the other side equal to or less than the stipulated measurements for width and height, according to the proportions of the original image (maximum of 15 images)
- Submissions should be made through the Application Form
- The deadline for the application is 15th May, 2022
The winner will receive a cash prize of €8,000 (VAT and all other taxes included, as an advance on the rights of the published work) and have his/her work published and distributed by Fulgencio Pimentel.
Exceptionally, a Special Jury Award may be awarded. This exceptional award would imply the project publication.