Publishers Weekly, widely known as PW and “the bible of the book business”, has been around for over 145 years. A weekly news magazine focused on the international book publishing business, they publish over 8500 pre-publication book reviews per year. They presently seek reviewers from diverse communities, to write reviews in one or more of the following categories:
- Essay collections
- General fiction/Literary fiction/YA fiction (specifically: contemporary and historical African-American, Asian-American, Native-American, and Latinx narratives; LGBTQ stories; and immigrant narratives)
- Inspirational/Spirituality/Religion (of all types)
- YA nonfiction
Who Should Apply:
- They want applications from diverse communities.
How to Apply:
- Send a resume, and
- A review of a recently published book, approximately 200 words long.
- The email subject should be “Book Reviewing:”, followed by the categories you would like to write reviews in. Example: “Book Reviewing: Psychology, Romance”.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PW pays a modest honorarium.
You can also check The Future Newspaper/ How to Apply (Payment: $1.50 per word).