Paragraph/ Photograph is an online workshop hosted and to be taught by the writer and critic, Teju Cole. The workshop, which will hold over the next three Sundays (May 3, May 10, and May 17), is open to prose writers (either of fiction or nonfiction) and photographers. The deadline for application is April 29, 2020.
- Writers and photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Writers who work in English (either as fiction/nonfiction writers).
- Photographers who work in other languages are welcome to apply, but they must be able to communicate in English.
- All applicants (both writers and photographers) must be “Essential Workers”, or, according to Teju Cole, “First Responders” – by which he means those who work outside their home during this period.
- Applicants must have a computer on which they can have a Zoom meeting.
- All applicants must be available for the three classes (May 3, May 10, and May 17).
- Applicants must be at an intermediate level in writing or photography.
- There is no application fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit 4 – 8 pages of your work sample (as a writer), either of your fiction or nonfiction. It could be more than a single piece, but all the pieces uploaded should be between 4 – 8 pages.
- Photographers should submit up to 8 images from a particular project.
- Include an artist statement.
- Submit here.
- The deadline for submissions is 5PM EST, April 29, 2020.
- The opportunity to learn form: what makes a paragraph work; where’s the power in a single paragraph.
- Also, you get to learn with, and learn from, a close community of writers/photographers from around the world.