Oriire is seeking submissions from all African writers to write on African Heritage, History, Myth and Food.
Oriire is a platform to celebrate African mythology, history and food. They foster a community interested in actively preserving and promoting these aspects of African culture. Oriire submission spotlights and explores content relating to African heritage. They are accepting content which relates to:
- African History
- African Myth
- African Food
And they accept content in the following formats:
Guidelines for Oriire Submissions
Oriire strives to be as diverse in our representation as possible and seeks content that cuts across different cultures from the many countries in Africa. Writing well is a criterion to be accepted; you can learn how to write eloquently and properly here.
Before submitting your content, please ensure the following:
- Your full name and email are included (While your work can be published under an alias, your full name must still be included in your submission).
- The content is in relation to African History, Myth or Food.
- Any tribes or cultures featured are named.
- Your content is entirely your own work and not plagiarised.
- Where other work is referenced, it is attributed to the right sources. Edit your work to ensure you cited the right sources and right statements.
- The word count does not exceed 3000 words.
- You have reviewed their style guide. Visit their website to learn about the style guide.
They are doing our best to ensure that they inform all authors about the status of their submission as soon as they can.
Typically, you will be contacted within 1-4 weeks to inform you if your submission was selected for publication or not.
As of 15/05/2023, authors of all submissions selected for publication are paid a flat rate of N10,000 per article. You will be asked to provide payment details on the submission form.