The Writivism Prize is open for submissions. Young writers of short stories and non-fiction can now send in their works for consideration. The Writivism prizewas first awarded in 2013 and is organised by the Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE). This prize is the highlight of the annual Writivism Festival.
Who Can Apply?
- An African Writer who hasn’t yet published a full-length book.
- Writer who has an unpublished story between 2,500 – 3,500 words
- Deadline: March 31, 2018, at midnight GMT.
How To Apply?
- Entries must be emailed to [email protected] as attachments (not in the body email)
- The subject title of the email must be: 2018 Writivism Short Story Prize Submission.Or 2018 Koffi Addo Prize, Depending on what genre you’re apply for.
- The body of the email should contain information about the writer i.e country of residence, age, legal name and pen name (where applicable) and telephone contact.
- Entries should be attached in Microsoft Word or Rich Text formats, with the title of the story as the file name.
- The first page of the story should include the name of the story and the word count.
- The entry must be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font and 1.5 line spacing.
- Your name or identity should not appear anywhere on your application, else your entry will be disqualified. Before you hit the submit button, be sure to remove the writer’s name form the file name and the manuscript.
- A cash award of $500 for the short story prize and $400 for the Koffi Addo Writivism Prize for Creative Nonfiction,
- Shortlisted writers will be given an opportunity to edit their stories with a commissioned editor prior to publication in an annual anthology.
- An all expense paid trip to the Writivism Annual Festival in Uganda.
Last year, four Nigerians made the shortlist, you can read more about the 2017 Writivism Shortlist HERE.
Good luck to you