Publishers of Chronicles are accepting fiction submissions for the inaugural edition of the Chronicles Short Fiction Prize (CSFP). The prizes will be awarded to the best young unpublished writers. The organizer’s aim is to encourage writers to keep writing and producing meaningful stories.
About The Organizer:
Chronicle is a prestigious e-zine or (e-paper as they called it). It is owned by Quintessential Christian (QC) and is published quarterly. QC prides itself as being a non-denominational, faith based, non-profit organization that aims to inspire and support creative artists. The publishers also seek to help their readers live worthy and godly lives.
- There is no entry fee
- Only prose fiction submissions will be considered for this award
- There is no specified theme so writers can allow their imaginations run wild. However it is important to stay away from stories that have explicit erotic scene or extreme violence in them
- Avoid stereotypical stories. Research and write a beautiful story based on a unique story idea
- Word count: all stories must be between 600-3000 words.
- They do not accept previously published works. Feel free to submit stories that have been previously published on online sites, on social media and personal blogs
- Only unpublished writers are eligible. (If you have published a book either in print or electronic form, then you aren’t elligible). Entrants must not have more than 10 years writing experience.
- Entrants must be a member of their online community. You can like their Facebook page, stalk them on Instagram
- Deadline for submissions: 15th January, 2019
How to apply:
- All submissions must be sent via their online pages. Click HERE to Submit your entry.
- Ensure that your entry is saved as in MS Word format (either docx or doc format is fine).
- The title of the document should be the story title.
- Entries are judged blindly so it is important that your name doesn’t appear anywhere on the document.
Important dates to note
Submission opens: 30th October, 2018 Deadline: 15th January, 2019
The ten best entries will be shortlisted on their website. To see this shortlist, visit their social media pages in 30th of January, 2019
The finalists will be announced on February 20th, 2019
Prizes and Awards:
- The overall winner will receive a check of N 20,000 and a QC branded Bible.
- The runner up will receive a QC branded Bible and T-shirt.
- Writers of the ten shortlisted stories will have the honour of seeing their stories published in an anthology of short stories. This anthology will first be published electronically and eventually, in print.
Trying to overcome writers’ block? This list of inspirational story podcasts might inspire you to write the most outstanding story in your career.