Are you an artist, poet, filmmaker, or musician who’s passionate about driving change? Join Youth Empowerment Through Art for Advocacy campaign! Your creative expression has the power to ignite a movement.
Submission Categories for youth empowerment through art include: Visual Arts, Literature, Short Films & Songs, Spoken Words.
Express your unique perspective on one of these critical themes:
– Harmful practices (such as teen pregnancy, child marriage, FM/C)
– Gender-Based Violence
Eligibility for Youth Empowerment through Art
- Youth aged 15-36 are eligible to participate.
- Entrants must be of African Descent.
- Originality: Your submissions must be entirely original. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Visual Art/Photography: Please include your signature or watermarks to safeguard your originality and copyrights.
- Visual Arts and Photography: They invite artists to challenge societal norms through visual representations, showcasing the journey towards eradicating harmful practices and gender-based violence.
- Spoken Word: Wordsmiths and performers will craft impactful stories within a 300-word limit, highlighting themes of resiliency, survival, and empowerment.
- Harmony in Diversity in Short Films and Songs: Musicians and filmmakers are encouraged to create powerful songs and short films under 2 minutes, promoting harmony, acceptance, and empowerment across cultural boundaries.
How to Participate
1. Create your artwork based on the themes of harmful practices or gender-based violence.
2. Submit your entry using this link.
– Winner: $500 USD
– Second Runner-Up: $300 USD
– Third Runner-Up: $100 USD
Goodluck to everyone who applies for the contest! Check out Creative Writing News for more opportunities!