Every time you hear an advert or a slogan, do you think, arrggh! I could definitely do better? If you have ever dreamed of getting paid to write slogans, then you’re in luck. Ephemera might love your original meme enough to buy it.
Before you start writing yours, let’s tell you more about Ephemera.
Ephemera started producing novelty buttons, magnets, and stickers in the year 1980. Most of their products are sold in the best card & gift shops, bookstores, music stores, LGBTQ & left wing shops, and so on.
What kind of slogans often get accepted by Ephemera?
They particularly love satirical slogans about pop culture, politics and the president. Feel free to send them slogans about job attitudes, battles of the sexes, beverages, drugs, religious beliefs, food& drink, aging & retirement, teenagers, LGBTQ ideas,, etc. The list is endless really. Jus make sure it’s creative.
They don’t want you to limit yourself to the aforementioned topics. They actually want to be stunned.
- Send only original, new and interesting material. Avoid sending them cliches or rehashed material. They also don’t like stereotypical coinages.
- Make your gems short, impactful and concise. Don’t forget that the slogans will be on very small buttons and magnets. The shorter the better.
According to their press release:
Ephemera has a reputation for coming up with the most irreverent, provocative and outrageously funny material on the market. We encourage you to be as weird, twisted or rude as you like. Remember, we want humor that makes us laugh out loud!
How to apply
- Send all applications via email to [email protected]
- They prefer the slogans pasted in the body of the email. If you can, please desist from sending attachments.
- They reply to inform writers if they like any of the slogans.
- You can send as many as you like.
Ephemera pays $50 per slogan upon acceptance. Note that they require the exclusive rights to each slogan that they buy.
How many slogans do they buy?
Well, the success rate at this point is 1%. But this doesn’t mean you should try. You’ll never know until you try.
All the best.
Got more questions? Forward all inquiries to :[email protected]