If you are between the ages of 15 and 19, submit to the One Teen Story contest. Three stories will be selected, and the author of each will receive $500, and 25 copies of the published story. Stories should be between 2000 and 4500 words.
The deadline for submissions is November 20, 2020.
One Teen Story is a literary magazine run by One Story. They publish three issues yearly, publishing each story singularly. One Story recently recieved a 2020 Whiting Literary Magazine Prize.
Who is Eligible to Submit to One Teen Story:
- Anyone who is between the ages of 13 and 19 from anywhere in the world.
- There is no entry fee.
How to Submit to One Teen Story:
- Submit a story that is between 2000 and 4500 words.
- The main characters in the story to be submitted must be teens.
- The story must be written in English.
- Stories that have been previously published or stories that are forthcoming at other publications are not eligible.
- Note that: Proof of age must be provided by all winners.
- If you have a good story already, submit here.
- The deadline for submissions is November 20, 2020.
To Better Your Submission:
Check out these reviews and recommended stories here and here, and these tips from TJ Benson on how to write good short stories.
One Teen Story Prize:
- Three winners will be selected. Each winner will receive $500.
- Each winner will also receive 25 contributor copies.