Kalahari Review is interested in material exploring Africa and Africans in unique and avant-garde ways. They are looking for unique stories told in original voices. They are also interested in pieces about (and from) Africans residing abroad.
Kalahari Review is a new literary magazine in Botswana. And the Editors hope to push the limits and expose the world to the aspects of Africa not often shown – both the positives and the negatives.
Kalahari review is a web-based publication and there are no word count restrictions.
Compensation will be paid on publication.
All submissions should be emailed to: [email protected]
Fiction, Poetry, Essays, and Humor pieces: Should be sent as a PDF or WORD attachment and should be accompanied by a proper query letter. Kindly include your contact details including full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the query letter.
- Photos, Art Work and Cartoons Portfolios: Should be sent as a PDF, JPG. or PNG attachments and should be accompanied by a proper query letter. Ensure that you include your contact details: full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the query letter. (Note: this area particularly the publication is interested only in avant-garde content. They are not interested in ordinary wildlife or landscapes. Portraits will be considered if they have a unique quality to them.)
- Feature articles, Profiles, Conversations and Interviews: Please attach your pitch letters as a PDF or WORD attachment. Please include any photos or graphic illustrations that you feel would help your pitch. Please include your contact details including full name, postal address, e-mail and telephone number in the body of the letter.
- Thoroughly check your submissions for proper formatting, grammar and punctuation. Gross errors in these areas will hinder the chances of manuscripts consideration for publication.
- Kindly ensure that query letters are properly written.
- No deadlines were mentioned in the original publication. However, interested writers are advised to submit their works as soon as possible as the magazine may be launched on April 1, 2012.