Iskanchi Press is currently calling for experimental prose submissions for their Fall 2023 Issue.
Iskanchi Press is an independent publishing house focused on fiction, essays, poetry, folklore and folktales, children’s books, books on African heroes and history, as written by Africans. The Literary Magazine was Inspired by “Iskanci,” the Hausa word for irreverence and craziness, therefore, Iskanchi Mag seeks out and publishes wayward literature by African writers.
Submissions Guidelines for Iskanchi Press Submissions
- They accept all file formats .doc, .docx, or .pdf file format.
- Iskanchi Press Magazine does not accept multiple submissions, but they do consider simultaneous submissions. Let them know immediately if the work submitted has been accepted for publication elsewhere.
- They kindly ask that you avoid submitting pieces that have been previously published, either online or in print, including your personal blog. However, they are excited to consider a translated version of your work if it was originally written in a language other than English.
- All submissions must be well-written and well-edited. Therefore, you need to learn about the intricacies of writing and editing.
- Please submit one story between 1000-6000 words in a single document. Also, submissions must be double-spaced and paginated.
- Include a third-person bio, and social media links. Learn more about the Do’s and Dont’s of writing your bio.
- All submissions should be sent to [email protected] or through their website form.
- If your piece is accepted, please wait a year before submitting again
Payment for Iskanchi Press Submissions
For the Fall 2023 Issue, writers will receive compensation of $50 per accepted magazine piece.
The submission deadline is September 15th, 2023.
To get a feel of their type of publication, visit their X (Formerly Twitter) Page. Goodluck,