Huellas magazine is a bilingual narrative long-form non-fiction magazine.
They accept submissions from emerging writers with Indigenous and/or diasporic roots in Abya Yala (the Americas)
Eligibility for Huellas magazine Submission
- Writers must have a good command of English and Spanish
- No entry fee
- No age restriction
Inertia, derived from Latin signifies “sluggish” and “idle” but means a force that binds the universe
Submission should answer the question
What does it mean to confront, adapt, or even submit to a larger force at work? Which can be structural, discriminatory, familiar, unexpected, and so on.
Deadline for Huellas Magazine Submission
December 15, 2020
Submission Guidelines for Huellas Magazine Submission
- Entries should be original pitches for nonfiction narrative storytelling
- Pitches should be no longer than 250 words
- Describe the story you would like to tell as well as any research and creative process
- Submission should include your name, pronouns, and short bio (50 words or less)
- The final text should be between 3,000 – 5,000 words
- Submission can be in either English and/or Spanish
Payment for Huella Magazine Submission
You can check the magazine to view previous publications here.
If you need to understand the concept of working with theme, you can click here