HowlRound is a “free and open platform’ for anyone who is a part and parcel of the theatre field. Theatre enthusiasts from all over the world are free to submit essays. Do not send personal attacks, adverts, or previously published essays.
What are the editors interested in?
- Theatre commoning (Resources managed and produced with generosity and abundance, community and collaboration)
- Ideas and practices that challenge—and seek to revolutionize—the status quo
- Lesser-known or marginalized aesthetics, or new forms of theatre practice
- Equity, inclusivity, and accessibility for underrepresented theatre communities and practices
- Theatre practice, process, and relevant issues in a specific geographic location but that are meaningful and relevant to others around the world.
All authors receive payments. However, emoluments are awarded based on the length of the essays.
- Pieces between 750-1000 words earn the writer $50 . Usually for blog articles
- Pieces between 1000-1500 words earn the writer: $100
- And essays between 1500-2000 words: $150 earn the writer
- They pay $100 for NewCrit reviews (1,000 to 1,500 words).
How To Apply
To Apply, visit their write for this journal page.
Howlround was founded in Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts.