Great Weather For Media seeks poetry, flash fiction, short stories, dramatic monologues, and creative nonfiction for their annual print anthology.
They do not have a set theme for their anthologies but you are expected to focus on the fearless, the unpredictable, and experimental.
Submission Guidelines For Great Weather For Media
- They highly recommend that you read one of their previous collections to see the type of work they are interested in and the design of their books.
- They accept poetry and short fiction under 2,500 words. Flash fiction, creative non-fiction and hybrid are also accepted. Just surprise them with your fearless best.
- They do not consider previously published work, whether print or online. This includes limited edition chapbooks and personal blogs.
- If your work appears in their most recent anthology, please wait a year before submitting again in any genre.
- Please submit only once in each genre (poetry / prose) and do not submit again until you have received a response.
- Submit one to four poems of any length. If you are submitting more than one poem, include them all in a single document.
- Do not submit multiple poems in separate files. Single-spaced please, or how it should appear on the printed page. Start each poem on a new page.
- You can submit one prose or creative nonfiction piece, two if both under 500 words.
- Maximum word count is 2,500. Please include the word count on the first page.
- Please note that they do not accept unsolicited solo collection manuscripts
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but you will have to notify them immediately your work gets accepted somewhere else.
- If you wish to withdraw individual pieces from consideration, click on the title of your submission, click on Active, and add a note listing the title(s) to be withdrawn. If you need to withdraw your entire submission, please use the Withdraw button.
- Please do not send revisions.
- If you do not heard from them after five months, please email [email protected]
- All submissions should be made through Submittable. Anthology submissions are only reviewed through Submittable. Email submissions will not be read.
- Great Weather For Media holds first serial rights for material that they publish. The copyright automatically reverts to the author upon publication.
- All work may be permanently archived online.
- They ask that Great Weather For Media be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the work.
- There is no reading fee.
- They welcome work from writers worldwide. Their focus is on the innovative and unexpected
Do They Pay Contributors?
For writers based in USA, they give one contributor copy plus $10.
International writers receive one copy.
The deadline for submissions is on January 15, 2024 at 11:59pm PST.