The society of young Nigerian writers (Anambra State Chapter) is seeking submission of quality poems and essays from writers across the world, for the fifth Chinua Achebe Poetry and Essay anthology.
This prestigious anthology will (as usual) be unveiled at the 5th edition of Chinua Achebe literary festival which is slated to hold on the 16th of November, 2020 at the Anambra state central E-library (also known as Prof. Kenneth Dike central E-library) in South Eastern Nigeria.
This literary event, initiated in 2016, is an annual literary festival by the society of young Nigerian writers in memory and honor of Achebe in celebration of his life and works of Chinua Achebe. And it has been held on his date of birth since then.
The anthology is in honor of Prof. Chinua Achebe, hence only entries that evolve around Achebe, his works, his literary prowess and legacies will be accepted for publication.
Who is Eligible For the Fifth Chinua Achebe Essay and Poetry Anthology
- Poets and essayists from all over the world
- Writers of any age can submit
Submission Guidelines for the fifth Chinua Achebe essay and poetry anthology
- Only essays and poems are accepted for the anthology.
- The entry must be in memory of Chinua Achebe, and may focus on his life, works, personality, writing styles or other areas.
- The entry should be brief – a maximum of 500 words for essays or reviews, and a maximum of 30 lines for poetry.
- Entrant must specify the genre of his entry; whether poetry or essay.
- Author’s information- location, phone number, email address, and a short bio of no more than 40 words should be included in the submission.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entry can be written in either English or Igbo language.
- Entry must be original work of the entrant.
- Entrants may choose any interesting title of their choice.
- Entry must be type written and sent in the body of the email; Not as an attachment.
- Entries should be submitted via [email protected], with the subject
“FIFTH CHINUA ACHEBE ESSAY/POETRY ANTHOLOGY (SPECIFY THE GENRE OF YOUR ENTRY)”
October 25th, 2020
Benefits of being shortlisted for the Chinua Achebe Essay And Poetry Anthology
• All shortlisted essay/poetry will be published in the fifth Chinua Achebe poetry/essay anthology (hard and soft copies)
• Online promotion of published essays and poems and the entrants.
• All successful entrants will receive certificate of participation.
• Each successful entrant is entitled to author’s copy of the published anthology
• Authors/ poets of the ten best essays and poems shall be given outstanding recognitions and certificates of awards at the 2020 Chinua Achebe literary festival.
• Entrants (if present at the event) shall be allowed to present their essays/poems at the event.
• Automatic/ free membership into the society of young Nigerian Writers (for successful/ published young Nigerian entrants)
For Inquiries or Support, Contact;
(Coordinator, Society of Young Nigerian Writers Anambra Chapter)
Maureen Oninyechi Kenneth