The Baltic Writing Residency has announced the establishment of the Stormé DeLarverie writing residency, aimed specifically at under-represented writers.
Resident will spend 6-7 days in a Victorian apartment in historic Old Louisville, or off of the Blue Ridge Parkway in idyllic Boone, NC (1.5 hrs from Asheville; 1 hr from Winston-Salem). The date of the residency will be decided through discussion with the winning writer, as will the choice of KY or NC. One writer will be chosen yearly. Applications are accepted by any author of poetry, plays, screenplays, fiction or creative nonfiction writing in English, regardless of their home nnatio-translations are also admissible.
Comfortable accommodations at include Wi-Fi, furnished living room, bedroom, kitchen, central air and heat would also be provided.
An honorarium of $500 will accompany the residency. The writer will need to provide their own transportation.
Applications would be read by an anonymous committee of judges composed of one member of the English Department of Harvard University, one poet of recognized standing, and one fiction writer of recognized standing.
• The application fee is $15.00, and applicants should identify as member of an underrepresented group (writers of color, both American and international, including Native peoples, as well as, disabled people, and those who identify as LGBTQ+).
• For the Writer in Residence all of the below should be included in a Single WORD or PDF document submitted through Submittable, with a deadline of June 15.
• Please include a unique name for your submission (i.e. something other than ” Stormé DeLarverie Residency,” or “Baltic Application,” etc.).
• Writer’s bio, 10 pages of poetry or 20 pages of prose, A general CV, an abbreviated list of book and/or journal publications, and your full contact information, and contact Information for two references should also be included.
• Do not include any additional material (cover letter, reference letters, books, etc.).
Deadline: July 15, 2018
Please note that former students, as well as, friends and family of the staff of the Baltic Writing Residency are ineligible to apply.
For further enquiries, you may send an email to [email protected]