The African Writers Trust has called for applications for the second edition of its Publishing Fellowship Programme. The programme, which was “designed to create a step-change in the book sector in Africa, by focusing on professional development of upcoming talent in African publishing over three years (2018-2021)”, will be a week-long mentoring and training workshop. It will commence on the 8th of March, 2020, through to the 14th of March, 2020. The deadline for application is Sunday, 16th February, 2020.
Who is Eligible:
- The fellowship is open to: early career writers and emerging publishers; creative writers who are into self-publishing; and, individuals who are working in the publishing industry.
- Applicants must be from one of these African countries: Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
How to Apply:
- Submit a completed application form.
- A cover letter that does not exceed 300 words.
- A sample of a work-in-progress, of no more than a page (500 words).
- In the subject line, include: African Writers Trust Publishing Fellowship Programme Application.
- The deadline for application is Sunday, 16th February, 2020.
- Only selected applicants will be notified by Friday, 21st February, 2020.
- Send your applications to either of these emails: [email protected], or [email protected]
- If you are interested in participating in the programme, send an email to one of the email addresses above stating your interest, or call this number: +256 752 570 573. The team will then send you the application form and cover letter guidelines.
What Will the Programme Offer:
- The opportunity to participate in a week-long mentoring and training workshop.
- The opportunity to learn from publishing experts in a mutual way.
- The opportunity to network with other publishers and creative writers who are just on their way to becoming the Big Things in the literary industry.
- Air travel expenses for selected applicants will be covered.
- During the workshop, accommodation and meal expenses will be provided for the selected candidates.
- At the end of the workshop, all fellows will be invited to make an application for the SEED Funding budget, worth EURO 4,200—this will go to a winner selected from the fellows.