Voyage YA Journal is currently seeking submissions of young adult fiction and essays or nonfiction pieces that focus on the teen experience(s) for publication on their blog. They are always open for fiction and nonfiction submissions. They don’t publish poetry.
They want stories that “surprise, inspire, entertain, or enlighten.”
About Voyage YA Journal:
Voyage YA Journal is a new literary magazine that is dedicated to publishing short fiction and interesting essays that focus on the teenage experience. Accepted works will be published occasionally on the blog.
They are interested in works of good quality from writers of varying backgrounds, with special attention to #ownvoices.
Voyage YA Journal’s editors are: Racquel Henry (Editor in Chief) and Kip Wilson (Assistant Editor).
- Anyone from anywhere in the world writing in the English language.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit to Voyage YA Journal:
- Submit a short story of up to 6000 words.
- Or a nonfiction piece of up to 6000 words.
- Your nonfiction piece could be a personal essay or a creative nonfiction piece, but it must relate to the teenage experience.
- Or a craft essay that focuses on the art of writing young adult fiction.
- The document should be double-spaced, 12 pt, Times New Roman font.
- Include your name and page number in the top right-hand corner of every page of your submission.
- Submit here.
- There is no deadline for submission.
- They reply within three months.
To better your submission, check out these reviews and recommended stories here and here, and these tips from TJ Benson on how to write good short stories.
- Voyage YA Journal pays $200 per accepted fiction or creative nonfiction piece.
- They pay $50 per accepted craft essay.