Until the 16th of January, 2020, The Stinging Fly is open to submissions of poetry and prose for Summer 2020 issue. The literary magazine which was established in 1997 “to seek out, publish and promote the very best new Irish and international writing” has become one of the leading literary magazine from Ireland, known for publishing some very fine short story writers. The magazine pays for accepted work.
Who is Eligible to Submit:
- Any writer from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to Submit:
- Submit a single unpublished short story or nonfiction piece, or a pack of 3 unpublished poems.
- There is no required word limit for short stories but that “they should be as long (or as short) as they need to be”.
- Featured poets: If you are a poet who is “working seriously towards a first collection”, send a pack of 6—8 poems to be one of the featured poets in the next issue of the magazine.
- Response time is within 4 months.
- The deadline for submissions is the 16th of January, 2020.
- If your submission is ready, submit here.
- All contributors receive a copy of the issue in which their work appears, and can order more copies at a discounted rate.
- The magazine pays €25 per magazine page for a fiction/ nonfiction.
- For poems, the magazine pays €40 for a single poem that does not exceed magazine page.
- Featured poets are payed €200.
Good luck. xx.