The Society of Classical Poets is accepting poetry translations for their 2021 Poetry Translation Competition.
Poets are encouraged to submit poetry translations of poems from the romantic period or earlier. Good knowledge of the iambic meter is an advantage.
Eligibility for The Society of Classical Poets 2021 Poetry Translation Competition
- Poets can be from anywhere in the world
- No age restriction
- No entry fee
- Submission must be poetry translations
December 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EST
Winners announced February 1, 2021
Submission Guidelines for The Society of Classical Poets 2021 Poetry Translation Competition
- Only translated poetry is accepted
- It may be previously published
- Translations should not exceed 108 lines
- Translated poetry should be from the romantic period or earlier
- Translations should be metered
- Include poem in its original language
- Rhyme and other traditional techniques are encouraged as well, but not required
- Email translations to email@example.com
- Simultaneous Submission are accepted
Judges for The Society of Classical Poets 2021 Poetry Translation Competition
Evan Mantyk, editor of The Society of Classical Poets Journal and website
- Past First Place winners and the Society’s executive staff and editors are prohibited from participating.
- You do not have to be a Member of the Society to participate.
- You will retain ownership of your submitted translation
- By submitting it to the Society for publication or for inclusion in the contest, should it rank among winners or receive an honorable mention, you give the Society permission to publish it online but the SCP would not be able to sell your individual translation on its own. You could publish it anywhere else or sell it to any publication as desired.
- Publication on the Society’s website and Journal.
Remember to edit your poem before you submit it to the organizers.