The Roadrunner review invite students, graduate and undergraduate, to submit to their works of fiction for the annual prize.
The Roadrunner Review is an online literary journal produced by students at La Sierra University, a Seventh-day Adventist institution. They want to create a beautiful literary space for students, and they welcome submissions from around the world.
They are interested in work that plunges one into a moment and unravels larger truths. They like to be surprised with language, and they find that wonder can come when ordinary moments are carefully observed. Because the world is a busy place, they aim to give readers short, vivid reading experiences.
They are reading for ISSUE 7, and will consider all accepted work for their annual Roadrunner Prize (s) in Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction.
Each award comes with a $100 award.
This year, they are excited to add Cover Art to the prize categories.
Deadline: January 31, 2021
They are also reading for their High School Writing competition. The winner will receive $100 and be published in ISSUE 8. The deadline for high school students is May 16, 2021.
Submission Guidelines for the Roadrunner Annual Prize.
- They ask that all submitted work be previously unpublished.
- If they have published your poetry or prose, they ask that you wait one year before submitting to them again.
- Please submit only once per reading period.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome as long as you inform them if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Prose submissions should be 1000 words max and double spaced.
- Please single space your poetry submissions.
- Prose and poetry submissions should be in 12 point New York Times or Cambria font.
- If you’re submitting several pieces in one genre, please submit them in one file.
- Please note in your cover letter where you’re attending school.
- After publication, all rights revert to the author, although we request that you note that the piece was first published in The Roadrunner Review.
- Submit via this link
- Any writer is eligible to apply.
- Participants must be students.
- Any citizen of any country is welcome to apply.