The Preservation Foundation is organizing a series of essay contests this year, and each comes with publication and a prize of $200 to each winner and $100 to runners-up.
Who is Eligible:
- Anyone from anywhere in the world.
- There are no submission fees.
How to Submit:
- For the General Nonfiction Category, submit a true story on any topic of your choice. Creative nonfiction won’t be accepted.
- For the Biographical Nonfiction Category, submit a biographical piece about a person you know personally. Not a historical or fictional figure.
- For the Travel Nonfiction Contest, submitted pieces must be true and factual, based on a trip taken by the author or by someone known to the author.
- All submitted pieces must be between 1000-10,000 words.
- Two entries per entrant.
- Submitted entries must be suitable for children.
- Each of these contests have separate deadlines: For the General Nonfiction Contest, the deadline is April 30th, 2020; the Biographical Nonfiction’s deadline is June 30, 2020; and the Travel Nonfiction Contest, August 31, 2020.
- Submit here.
- The winner in each category receives $200.
- There will be also be a $100 payment to runners-up in each category.