The OZY Genius Awards can help you launch your dream. The competition runs from March 15 through April 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PT. Winners will be announced on the weekend of May 15-16, 2021.
Calling U.S. undergraduate students: The OZY Genius Awards mission is to identify talent long before anyone else.
- The OGAs are open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The officers, directors, employees of OZY Media, Inc,. General Motors LLC, and their agents and persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this program and any of their parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to apply.
- OGAs are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- The program begins on March 15, 2021, at 12:00am PT and ends on April 30, 2021, at 11:59pm PT. Apply here
Application Guidelines for The OZY Genius Awards
- The program begins on March 15, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted by April 30, 2021, at 11:59pm PT.
- Winners will be notified on May 15, 2021.
- Winners will be announced during the virtual HBCU OZY Fest the weekend of May 15, 2021.
- Winners receive grants of up to $10,000 to work on their proposed projects.
- Winners will receive mentoring support.
- Winners must agree to focus on their projects from June 15 to Aug. 15, 2021.
- Winners will display their projects at an end-of-year showcase on Aug. 20, 2021.
- If you have any questions, please email the OZY EDU team at Genius@OZY.com.
- Students or parents with questions can reach out here, and schools wanting to get involved can do so here. Or feel free to email the OZY EDU team at Genius@ozy.com. We have mentors and staff on hand to help inspire you.
- If your calling is to help support the OZY Geniuses on their way to making a brighter tomorrow, please reach out and let them know you’re interested in serving as a mentor.
Judges review submission on criteria, such as the following:
- Budget Overview