A journal that seeks to “inform, educate, entertain and inspire the world through creative works of literature”, Kreative Diadem is a literary magazine concerned with providing a platform for the newest voices in creative writing, especially young writers.
This year, as with two previous years, they called for submissions for their annual creative writing contest. On the 16th of December, 2019, they released the shortlist of 6 writers for the poetry category—judged by Kechi Nomu—and 6 writers for the flash fiction category. On the 21st of December, the winners were announced.
Here are the winners:
- Anthony Okpunor for “Ode to Our Bodies on Fire” (Winner)
- Ernest Ogunyemi for “Grief Will Remake” (1st runner-up)
- Lade Folabi for “Falling Waters” (2nd runner-up)
- Nneoma Mbalewe for “Ayomide” (Winner)
- Tunji Akande for “Born Again” (1st runner-up)
- Ebeigbe Brian for “The Fallen Angel” (2nd runner-up)
The winning entries were selected from 92 poems and 57 flash fiction pieces.
Congratulations to the winners!