The Jack Grapes Poetry Prize is a yearly prize that is hosted by Cultural Weekly. It is named in honor of Jack Grapes. Jack Grapes had all the most interesting creative writing jobs. He was a US poet, playwright, poetry analyst, teacher, and publisher. The prize is in its 8th year.
The deadline for submission to the prize is August 31st, 2020.
You can read this essay on how to write great poetry. It will help to improve the quality of your submission. Make sure you explore interesting ideas and themes.
Eligibility for the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize 2020:
- No submission fee.
- Open to writers from anywhere in the world.
How to Submit to the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize 2020:
- Submit 2 previously unpublished poems.
- The 2 poems should be in one document.
- The submission should be in doc. or docx. format. No pdfs.
- The file should be titled by the first poem in the document.
- The pages of the document must be numbered.
- The document should be in 12pt, Times New Roman font.
- The deadline for submission is August 31st, 2020.
- Submit here. You may have to attach a cover letter and a brief bio.
Payment/Awards for the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize 2020:
Here are details of the cash awards and prizes winners of the Jack Grapes Poetry Prize will receive.
- 3 winners will receive $200 each.
- 6 finalists will receive $50.
- The poems by the winners and finalists will be published by Cultural Weekly.
Goodluck, and feel free to get ideas from Pamela Castro who earned over $1,200 from writing and publishing poetry.