The Broken River Prize is an annual poetry book contest from Platypus Press. Each year a different poet is assigned to judge the contest. 2020’s judge is poet and teacher Kaveh Akbar.
- The deadline for submission is July 31st, 2020.
- No entry fee is required.
- Books should be between 35–50 pages in length
- Winners would have their poems published and would be given $250/£200 prize money.
- Finalists and winner will be announced in late 2020.
- Finalists will be considered for publication.
- The contest is open internationally.
How To Submit for The Broken River Prize
- Please include a title page and acknowledgements section with your submission.
- The manuscript does not need to be double-spaced unless intended to be published that way.
- You can include previously published poems; however, Broken River would prefer that at least a third be unpublished.
- They accept simultaneous submissions but please let them know if a submission has been accepted elsewhere.
- All work submitted should be attached in a single .docx or PDF file, and your email must include a third-person bio.
- Do not submit manuscripts that contain images, artwork, and/or erasure or found poetry.
- The winner will receive ten (10) copies of the published book as well as the $250 prize money.
Do not sleep on this! Good Luck!